Work has commenced on the third stage of the Westconnex project in Sydney’s Inner West. Westconnex New M5 is a $5bill section of the overall $15bill Westconnex project.
ESO Surveyors has been engaged by the CPB/Dragados/Samsung Joint Venture to begin to supply survey resources for the construction of the surface components of the project.
The New M5 will link to the upgraded King Georges Road Interchange on the existing M5 East Motorway at Beverly Hills and run via twin tunnels to St Peters.
Key components of the surface works include:-
- widening and realigning the existing M5 East Motorway just east of King Georges Road,
- a new interchange at St Peters,
- enhanced and upgraded local streets near St Peters Interchange,
- around 14 kilometres of new and upgraded shared, pedestrian and cycle paths, including new bridges across Alexandra Canal and Campbell Road, St Peters,
- a land bridge linking Sydney Park with new public open space at the St Peters Interchange.
ESO’s participation in this project means that the company is now involved in all current stages of the iconic Westconnex Project:
- New M5 Stage 2 $5 bill
- M4 East Stage 1B $2.7 bill
- M4 Widening Stage 1A $150 mill
The New M5 is due for completion in late 2019.
(Text and image from www.westconnex.com.au)