In August, ESO Surveyors commenced work as the Project Surveyor for the Middlemount Early Rail Alliance (MERA) project in FNQ.
This project consists of:-
- 17km of single track, including a balloon loop for two trains
- A rail siding with one connection to the mainline allowing loaded trains to travel to the north towards Dalrymple Bay
- A track alignment which will make provision for a future mainline connection to the south, as well as provision for any future duplication of the existing South Goonyella main rail line
- Earthworks, drainage, access roads, fencing and other associated works as required for the construction of the spur
- Two rail bridges over Parrott Creek and it’s tributary, and associated creek scour protection
- Signalling works and telecommunications infrastructure to allow trains off the mainline onto the spur and back onto the mainline
- Road works at Middlemount – Dysart Road.
(text reproduced with permission from MERA)
The project is an alliance between John Holland and designer GHD for Middlemount Coal Pty Ltd.
Our project team comprises staff members from our Brisbane and Sydney offices, working on a fly-in fly-out basis.