ESO has commenced work on the $520mill Ballarat Line Upgrade as part of the Victorian Regional Rail Revival Project.
The project includes:-
- duplication of 18 kilometres of track between Deer Park West and Melton
- a new station at Toolern, between Rockbank and Melton, separately funded by the Victorian Government’s Growth Area Infrastructure Contribution
- Rockbank station rebuild, including platform extensions, pedestrian link and a new car park
- a new platform and pedestrian link at Bacchus Marsh, Ballan and Wendouree stations
- an extra track at Wendouree
- track duplication at Bacchus Marsh
- relocating stabling facilities from Bacchus Marsh to Maddingley
- passing loops at Ballan and Millbrook
- signalling upgrades and track improvements.
Work for the client, Lend Lease Engineering and Coleman Rail, is scheduled to be completed by December 2019.